You’ve learned about the Scientific Method in the classroom.
You’ve even come up with a scientific question that YOU find interesting!
Now, put this knowledge to use and run the experiment that YOU choose!
Present your Project at the Showcase on March 2nd at the Molin Upper Elementary School
Bring home your Scientific Question and finalize your Experiment
Register your Project
February 3-February 10 An adult caregiver can go to http://newburyportpto.com/stem to register your project information stating February 3, but, please, no later than February 10. (Any pairs must register together under one project entry.)
Experiment - Collect Data - Test (suggested timeframe)
Pick Up your Display Board & Report your Materials
*(DATE CHANGE) Thursday, February 16th - Outside the Nock Auditorium - 2:30-3:30 PM OR 6:00-7:00 PM
Please submit your materials list when you come to pick up your board.
Complete your Project and Prepare to Display and Present at the Showcase
Finish up the steps in the scientific method. Then, create your presentation. Show your question on your header board and summarize each of the steps from the method on the display. Include photos or other items, too. You can also display items on your table in front of your presentation board. (Be sure to abide by the Rules & Regulations, so that your complete project is allowed at the Showcase.)
Project Setup in School Cafeteria – March 1, 4:30-6:30PM
Come to school with your completed board and materials for setup from 4:30-6:30PM.
STEM Showcase – March 2 (Half Day of School and in the Evening)
Students’ In-School Viewing Time & STEM Activities during school half day hours.
Family Viewing Evening: 6:00-7:15pm. (Students are to bring home projects at the end of the night)
RULES & REGULATIONS
For safety and health reasons, certain items will not be permitted at School. Projects need modification if they include any of the following:
1. Foul smelling items
2. Extremely loud sounds
3. Requires a hot plate and/or boiling water or microwave
4. Contains dangerous chemicals
5. Requires the use of dangerous machinery or tools
6. Contains materials that are potential allergens
7. Contains any type of explosion
8. Requires a fog machine
9. Contains latex (no latex balloons or gloves)
10. Involves projectiles
11. Require live animals or insects to be brought to the school - Absolutely no live animals or insects
12. Involves selling or giving out items
Groups of 1-4 students may work on a project.
Information to have ready for Registration:
1. Project scientific question and basic description
2. Student(s) first & last names and t-shirt sizes
3. Caregiver(s) first & last names, email addresses and emergency phone info
Questions or need help registering?
Go to the Showcase website: http://newburyportpto.com/stem/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach your
STEM Showcase Coordinators